Whether you’re a college freshman or an upperclassman, you have a lot to gain by joining clubs. Do you think you’re too busy? Not interested? Wait. Before writing off the idea, have you considered all the advantages that come from membership? From an athletic club to a cultural group or a club relating to your chosen major, club participation can dramatically add to the college experience. To prove it, here’s a look at some of the biggest benefits they offer: More...
This semester, don’t let your college textbook bills get out of hand. Instead of waiting until the last minute and paying premium prices, shop strategically for the best textbook deals now. While it’s true that school books tend to be pricey, it’s also true that there are lots of ways to cut costs. All you need is to know where to look. With that in mind, to help you get the best deal on textbooks possible this year, here are five strategies to try:
- Buy online. You already shop online for everything else, so why not use the Internet to your advantage for textbooks, too? Explore online deals on textbooks and find an easy, efficient way to compare prices and scope out the best available rate. When you choose a place from which to buy, you can buy with confidence, knowing you’ve looked at the competition. What’s more, you can purchase from wherever you are and then wait for your book to come to you.
- Buy used. A great way to get college textbook deals is by shopping for used copies. Buy a previously owned copy of a textbook you need, and you can shave a big percentage of the price off your bottom line. What’s more, if you find you no longer need the book after your course is complete, you can sell it back and recoup more of your initial costs.
- Rent. You won’t be able to sell a rented book back at the end of the semester, but, if you choose to rent, you will be able to get the book you need for a cheaper rate. Shop around for rental prices to see how they compare with buying used copies of books online.
- Borrow. As soon as you know your book list, ask classmates and friends to see if someone you know already has a copy of something you need. Check the library. You could get lucky! If you’re able to borrow the book for class, it will be free.
- Find an international edition. Here’s a lesser-known way to buy textbooks for cheap: Buy international editions instead of the American versions. In many cases, international editions are identical to their counterparts, except for their covers. By being willing to pick up a version with a different look, you could cut your total expense by a hefty chunk.
Whether your major is business, English or pre-med, you can save yourself significant spending by buying textbooks carefully. Use the tips above to spot the best prices on the books you need. At TextbookRush, we offer the best prices on textbooks of all kinds. Search our site to learn more!
Whether this is your first semester along the journey to achieve an MBA or you've completed your educational career and are looking for your first job in the C-suite, you can learn from the men and women who have achieved success in the business world.
While most of us can't just pick up the phone and call these leaders for advice and inspiration, we can follow in their footsteps by getting to know the people who inspired them to pursue their dreams. There's no better way to do this than to read some of the books on their essential reading lists. More...
Doing Good . Undergrad Life
tags: campus involvment , college , college life , community service , Doing Good , Good , Giving , Help , opportunity , success , tips
Are you wondering why and how to volunteer in college? Perhaps you’ve heard a great deal about the benefits of volunteering, but aren’t sure that it is right for you. One of the best things about volunteering is that you can choose where to dedicate your time. Choosing something you’re passionate about can make all of the difference in your long-term goals. More...
Your first semester of college is a big deal. Leaving home, bunking in a dorm, and managing your own classes are all milestones that help usher you into adulthood, and set you up for future success. So how can you get your first semester off on the right foot? Here are some strategies that should enable you to start your new life in a positive manner. More...